Money is an all important subject that Jesus talked more about money than heaven and hell combined! Jesus talked more about money than anything else except the Kingdom of God.
Facts: In 11 of 39 parables he talked about money. In 1 out of every 7 verses in the Gospel of Luke he talked about money. Ignoring money doesn’t make money issues vanish. Being silent about money doesn’t deal with the love of money. We must deliberately look into scripture to find out God’s perspective on money and our relationship with it.
Heavenly perspective on money
- God owns all your money – Psalm 24:1
- God is the one who enables you to earn all your money – 1 Chronicles 29:12
- God has appointed you as a steward over all His possessions – 1 Corinthians 4:2
Four lifestyle characteristics that God rewards
- God rewards you if you give yourself along with your gift – 2 Corinthians 8:5
- God rewards you if you accept your personal responsibility to give – 1 Corinthians 16:2
- God rewards you if you carefully plan your giving – 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
- God rewards you if you base your level of giving on your prosperity – 1 Corinthians 16:2